Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hot johnnycake on the side is marvelous! This is usually served for breakfast, but is good at any time!
- 1 small whole (yellow tail, grunts, etc.) or larger fillets
- hot peppers as needed
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 small piece of salt pork, diced
- 1 small piece of bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- tomato paste as needed
- thyme to taste
- flour as needed
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 potato cut in chunks
- Season whole (cleaned and scaled) or larger fillets cut in serving pieces with hot pepper mashed in salt and lime juice. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning fry to a crisp, golden brown. Set aside.
- Sauté diced salt pork and diced Bacon in large saucepan.
- Sauté sliced onions in drippings until brown. Reduce heat and add tomato paste, thyme, lime juice, and a small diced hot pepper. Simmer.
- Brown flour in mixture.
- Blend a can of whole tomatoes and add to sauce and simmer. It should be a thick, purée-type soup.
- Add potato chunks and ; simmer until potatoes are done.
- Serve each person a whole in lots of gravy and a few pieces of potato.