Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound fresh red snapper or mullet or shari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon walnut, crushed
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, sliced into flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Rinse fish then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season fish with lemon juice, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic then stir-fry for 5 – 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Toss in walnuts and remove skillet from heat then stir in dill, salt and pepper.
- Place foil on the baking tray.
- Place 1 cup of the vegetable mixture on the foil in the baking tray.
- Place fish on top of vegetables then fill cavity of fish with the vegetable mixture.
- Cut 3 grooves on top side of the fish and insert the ginger flakes.
- Add remaining vegetables from skillet on top of fish.
- Bake fish at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Open foil and bake fish uncovered for 5 – 6 or until fish skin gets little crispy.
- Serve garnished with dell and lemon wedges.