Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It seems as if mancarra (peanuts) are found in at least one dish at every meal in Mozambique. They are usually toasted and ground into a powder and then added to a broth to make a sauce. This recipe mixes fish with the peanuts to form a delicious appetizer.
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 2 pounds Tilapia fish
- juice of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 thin slices onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, grated
- sprig parsley, chopped
- teaspoon salt
- about ¼ cup chicken broth
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread peanuts on baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Remove from oven; cool; grind in food processor. Set aside.
- Season fish with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Onion slices. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in medium skillet and sauté fish in oil until golden on both sides. Remove and cool. Flake fish.
- Add onions, parsley, salt, and ground peanuts to fish. Mix well.
- Add enough broth to hold ingredients together.
- Shape into balls and fry in hot oil until golden on all sides. Serve warm or at room temperature with drinks.