Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups (2 medium) cubed ½-inch potatoes
- 1 cup (2 stalks) chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sliced ¼-inch green onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon fat
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 pound fish fillets (cod, red Snapper or Haddock), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ½ ounce) can minced clams
- 4 slices crisply cooked crumbled Bacon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- In 3-quart saucepan combine potatoes, celery, green onions and oil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in broth. Cover; continue cooking until potatoes are tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- Stir in fish, spinach and 3 cups milk.
- Continue cooking until fish flakes with a fork (4 to 7 minutes).
- In small bowl, combine remaining milk with flour; stir into soup.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until soup is slightly thickened (4 to 5 minutes). #Add all remaining ingredients; continue cooking until soup is heated through (1 to 2 minutes).