- 2 lb small * 3 qrts. water
- 2 large or medium cloves garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 stalks escallion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 finger of green bananas
- 1 green Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- few Pimento seeds
- 2 lemons or limes
- Wash fish in vinegar or lemon and drain
- Combine that fish, garlic and water to boil until fish is off the bone of the fish
- Pour the contents through a strainer and remove all bones.
- Wash the potatoes and cut small.
- Add the potatoes and salt to the strained soup.
- Peel and add green bananas.
- Let the soup simmer, then add thyme,escallion, pepper, pimento and black pepper
- Simmer for another 8 mins. then serve hot with Excelsor crackers.