Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fish Tacos from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 pound halibut, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¾ cup salsa
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- lime wedges
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine taco seasoning, lime juice and orange juice and mix well.
- Add fish and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet to medium high heat.
- Add fish and sauté for about 5 minutes or until done.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine green and red cabbage, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sour cream and salsa and mix well.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions.
- Spoon ¼ cup of cabbage mixture in center of tortilla then equally divide fish and place on top of cabbage vegetables.
- Top with up to 3 tablespoons salsa blend and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Fold or roll up tortillas and enjoy.