- 1 – 1½ l water or good fish stock
- 1 – 2 onions
- 5 – 6 allspice berries
- 4 – 5 potatoes
- about ½ kg of filleted fish (salmon, whitefish, pike, perch)
- chopped parsley
- Peel the onions and split them in pieces.
- Place them in the water or fish stock together with the allspice berries and bring to the boil.
- Cook for a while for the stock to become tasty.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces the size of your fingertips.
- Also cut the fish fillets into small cubes.
- Remove the onions and allspice berries from the stock and add the potatoes to cook.
- Let the soup boil for about ten minutes.
- Then add the fish and continue to cook for a few minutes until the fish is done.
- Chop the herbs and add to the soup.
- Serve the soup with melted butter and chopped raw onions, which every eater can add to the soup according to taste.
- The soup is at its best when eaten with rye bread.