- Clean and cut the fish in ¾-inch slices, reserving the heads and bones.
- Sprinkle the slices with lemon juice and dust with flour, salt and pepper.
- Fry in olive oil until tender.
- Make a fish stock by cooking the heads and bones in the water with the onion, parsley, celery and bay leaf.
- Simmer for ½ hour.
- Strain the stock and remove any edible fish particles from the heads.
- Add these to the stock with the fried fish and ~name.
- Cook slowly until the ~name is tender.
- Correct the seasoning.
- A little aji chombo may be added for a "hotter" soup.