Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lb Halibut or cod fillet, cold boiled
- 4 tbl Horseradish root, freshly grated
- 4 tbl Prepared horseradish
- 1 pt sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbl Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 tbl Dill, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 med head lettuce
- 2 x eggs, hard-cooked, sliced
- 3 x tomatoes
- Prepared horseradish, squeeze it dry through a kitchen towel.
- Combine the horseradish, sour cream, salt, pepper, onions, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the chopped dill.
- Break the fish into 2" chunks and fold it into the sour-cream .
- Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Then arrange the fish, sauce and all, on a bed of dried, chilled lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with the sliced eggs and tomato wedges, strew the remaining tablespoon of chopped dill over the salad.