Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 12 oz pack of fish cake (boned or with bones)
- 1 full cooking onion, diced
- a big bunch of cleaned/washed thyme
- 5 – 10 seasoning peppers (pimento not hot), diced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons west Indian hot sauce
- 2 – 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ – 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour
- Soak the fish cake overnight in a bowl with water to remove the excess salt.
- Wash and chip up into a bowl.
- Add the onion thyme, peppers, and hot sauce. Mix in bowl
- Add in some oil
- Add in ½ – 1 cup of water
- Add in flour (note that the water and flour amounts can vary - what you want is a nice pancake-like batter that is not runny, but not too thick)
- Heat up a pan to medium and add lot of oil to cover entire pan with at least ½ inch of oil.
- Then add one spoonful of mix and see if it splatters. If so it is too runny. If not and it starts to cook like pancake then you have right water/flour mixture.
- Cook for 5 – 10 minutes depending on heat and turn once (should be golden brown and crispy).
- Remove from pan once both sides are crispy brown and add to paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Add hot sauce and cheese or to a fry bake and enjoy.