Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In a bowl, shell and devein shrimp.
- Wash shrimp in cold water and drain in a colander.
- Wrap and tie fish in 2 layers of cheesecloth.
- Set fish and shrimp aside.
- In a large saucepan place 4 cups water, 1 cup onions, 2 bay leaves, 6 peppercorns and 1 tbls salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add cheesecloth wrapped fish.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes more.
- With tongs, take out fish and place on one plate.
- Take out shrimp and place on another plate.
- Strain the stock into a bowl and throw away the solids.
- Remove the fish from the cheesecloth, take out any bones, skin and flake fish into a clean bowl.
- Chop shrimp into ½-inch pieces and place in same bowl. Mix.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, ½ cup finely chopped onions, red peppers, green peppers, parsley, chilies and garlic. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, ⅔ cup of leftover stock and the tomato paste and black pepper.
- Mix well, then pour this sauce over the fish and shrimp salad. Toss gently.
- Let salad marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Serve at room temperature or cold from the refrigerator.