- 2 c water
- 1/2 Cauliflower (cut to flowerettes)
- 6 x Small thin skinned potatoes*
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t white pepper
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 6 x Small boiling onions **
- 12 x Young fresh baby carrots ***
- 1/2 lb Young fresh green beens ****
- 2 c Fresh sshelled tiny Peas
- 2 c Half and half (light cream)
- 3 T All purpose flour
Heat water to boiling in a wide 5-quart pan; add potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, butter, onions, carrots,green beans and Cauliflower; simmer for 8 more minutes. Add Peas and cook for another 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
In a small bowl, stir together half and half and flour until smooth; stir into simmering vegetables. Cook, stirring until soup slightly thickened (about 5 minutes) Serving size: 1-2/3 cup May be served with open faced sandwiches of cream cheese on Rye, decorated with sliced vegetables.