Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 60min
Cook time: 20-30min
Serves: 8 to 10 people
Small 1½ inch tasty balls of meat
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 6 ounces mild and buttery Gouda-style cheese
- 1½ cups loosely packed fresh parsley, finely minced
- ¾ cup finely minced onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup chicken or beef broth
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, or as needed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a bowl, warm milk in a microwave until just steaming.
- Remove from heat and press bread into the milk; set aside.
- Grate cheese on large holes of a box grater and place in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, onion, eggs, salt, both peppers and allspice.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add ground beef, ground pork and milk-soaked bread (discard the milk).
- Knead by hand until well-blended.
- Spread flour on a plate.
- Roll meat mixture into 1½-inch balls, and roll in flour to coat.
- Place a Dutch oven over very low heat, and add broth.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Working in batches, add enough meatballs to loosely fill pan.
- Sear for about 1 minute, then shake the pan to turn meatballs.
- Continue until well-browned on all sides, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Transfer meatballs to Dutch oven and allow them to gently simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring carefully from time to time.
- Add cream and turn the heat off.
- Mix gently.