- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 cup sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1 cup (about 5 oz.) ground almonds
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 Tbs. orange or apricot marmalade
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375F. butter 18 muffin cups thoroughly, and set aside.
after each addition. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cardamom, biscuit crumbs and almonds. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk and beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend just until smooth, taking care not to overmix. Divide batter among muffin cups.
3. Bake in middle of oven for 5 minutes. Drop 1 teaspoon marmalade into center of each muffin, and bake for 12 to 13 minutes more, or until firm and golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, stir together water and Sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat, cooking for 30 seconds. Use a pastry brush to moisten muffins thoroughly with sugar syrup after muffins come from oven. Set aside to cool completely, and remove muffins from baking cups.