- This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup of lukewarm water.
- Beat the eggs well, add the sugar, beat well, add the dissolved yeast.
- Mix in the 3 cups of flour, mix until you get a soft dough.
- Melt the butter let it cool until lukewarm, pour this into the dough, blend together well and set in a warm place to rise until double in size.
- Heat one cup of oil over low heat.
- Use a saucer of milk to dip your hands.
- Take dough ( 1 tbsp.
- ) in your hand stretch it until it is round and thin.
- Drop it in the oil, turn to brown on both sides.
- Coat each one with sugar while they are still warm.