This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounce bottle clam juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ bay leaf
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic split
- 2 pounds fillets of sole
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- chopped parsley
- In 2 quart saucepan combine clam juice, wine, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, parsley, garlic, and ½ cup water then bring to boiling and reduce heat then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wipe fillets with damp paper towels and sprinkle with lemon juice then arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Pour claim juice mixture over fillets then cover dish tightly with foil and poach fish in oven 15 minutes then drain fillets reserving 1 cup liquid for sauce.
- Keep fillets warm on serving platter.
- When ready to serve pour reserved liquid over fillets and sprinkle with parsley.