Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounce bottle clam juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ bay leaf
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic split
- 2 pounds fillets of sole
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- chopped parsley
- In 2 quart saucepan combine clam juice, wine, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, parsley, garlic, and ½ cup water then bring to boiling and reduce heat then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wipe fillets with damp paper towels and sprinkle with lemon juice then arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Pour claim juice mixture over fillets then cover dish tightly with foil and poach fish in oven 15 minutes then drain fillets reserving 1 cup liquid for sauce.
- Keep fillets warm on serving platter.
- When ready to serve pour reserved liquid over fillets and sprinkle with parsley.