Halibut steak Acadian-style
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Blue Bayou Restaurant, New Orleans Square, Disneyland Park
- 4 halibut steaks, (6 to 7 oz. each)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup small shrimp, cooked (4 oz)
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup lemon juice, fresh
- hot cooked rice
- lemon wedges
- Season halibut steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip in beaten egg and saute in a hot skillet with melted butter 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add shrimp to pan with capers and lemon juice.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, scraping pan and stirring well.
- Spoon sauce and shrimp over halibut steaks and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve hot with rice.