- 2 bunches Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup Raisins
- Cut off the Broccoli heads, and separate into small florets.
- Steam in a microwave for four minutes. Bite a piece.
- It should be crispy-tender and bright green.
- Microwave for 1 minute at a time for 1 or 2 minutes more if required.
- Dump immediately into icy cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove into a colander and set aside to drain.
- Put cooking oil in a skillet.
- Chop Bacon into tiny cubes and sauté on medium heat until crispy.
- Drain and spread onto a paper towel to blot grease.
- Make up the dressing.
- Add the chopped Onion, crumbled Bacon and Raisins to the dressing and mix well.
- If you have a salad strainer, spin Broccoli to remove more water.
- Place Broccoli in a bowl, pour dressing over it and mix lightly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more to chill and develop the flavors.
- This salad will keep well in the refrigerator for three days.