Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Figaro
- 5 oz/150 g butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz/250 g flour
- peel and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 oz/150 g Sugar
- 5 oz/150 g ground walnuts
- 10 oz/300 g marmalade or preserves without syrup
- Mix the butter with 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, add the yolks one by one.
- Mix well. Add juice and grated lemon peel, baking soda and vanilla and knead with the flour.
- Roll into a finger thick sheet and place in a pan.
- Bake at low heat until the sheet starts to rise and gets a crust.
- Then remove from the oven and quickly spread a layer of marmelade or preserves, topping with the whipped egg whites which have been mixed with 5 oz/150 g Sugar and ground walnuts.
- Put in the oven again and bake.
- When done, let it cool in the pan.
- Then cut into squares or rectangles.