- 12 Chicken thighs
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced, 1 halved
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds dried figs
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the Chicken thighs in oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Squeeze juices from halved lemon into a small bowl, then stir in brown sugar, vinegar and water; set aside.
- Place figs and sliced lemon segments in the bottom of an 11x16 inch baking/roasting dish. Arrange Chicken thighs on top, then pour vinegar mixture over Chicken. Finally, sprinkle with salt and dried parsley to taste.
- Bake/roast at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 50 minutes, basting frequently (turn figs if they begin to brown).
- With a slotted spoon, remove Chicken, figs and lemon slices from baking dish and place on a warm platter. Skim fat from cooking juices, then pour over Chicken as sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.