Fig Preserves recipe for making whole figs into delicious fig preserves (jelly). One of the best canning recipes for whole figs.
- Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Originally, from the state of South Carolina Department of Agriculture recipe archives.
- Wash and remove stems from figs.
- Using twice as many figs as sugar, simmer until desired thickness.
- Pack into sterilized jars and seal with sterilized lids.