Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 7/8 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water.
- 1 egg white, unbeaten.
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow cream and
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup (3) figs cut in small pieces.
- Put the sugar and water in top of a double boiler
- Stir until Sugar is dissolved as much as possible. There will still be small Sugar crystals remaining. Wash Sugar crystals from inside of double boiler with pastry brush dipped in cold water.
- Add the egg white. Place over hot water and cook, beating constantly with egg beater for 7 to 12 minutes or until mixture will hold its shape.
- Add marshmallow cream and vanilla
- Fold over and over until again stiff enough to hold its shape.
- Add the figs
- Pile on small round crackers
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until delicately brown.
This rule will cover 3 dozen small crackers. Should frosting be too soft to hold its shape after adding marshmallow cream, it may be again placed over hot water, and folded gently over and over, until it becomes slightly granular around the edges. Remove from hot water, and continue folding over gently until of the desired stiffness.