Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes.
Baking Time: 10 to 12 Minutes.
Oven Temperature: 375 Degrees F.
Chilling Time: 3 to 4 Hours or Overnight.
Children Will Love These fig Bars That Look And TasteSo Much Like The Commercial Product, Only Much Better.
For 40 Bars You Will Need:
fig Filling (recipe Follows):
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. brown sugar, Packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Each salt And baking soda
Finely Chop 1 Package (12 Ounce) Moist Dried figs. MixIn Saucepan With 1/4 Cup sugar, 3/4 Cup water And 2Tablespoons lemon juice. Place Over Medium Heat. Cook,Stirring, For 10 Minutes or Until Thick And Jam-Like.Remove From Heat. Cool. Cover And Chill.
- 1. Prepare fig Filling. Set Aside.
- 3. Mix flour, salt And baking soda. Stir Into FirstMixture (dough Will be Stiff). Wrap in Plastic Wrap.Chill For 3 to 4 Hours or Overnight.
- 4. When Ready to Bake, Turn Dough Out on Lightly
Floured Surface. Roll Into a 14 by 12 Inch Rectangle.Cut Into 4 Strips 3 1/2 by 12 Inches Long.
- 5. Spoon Filling Evenly Down Center of Strips. WithSpatula, Turn in Sides of Strips. Press Edges TogetherTo Seal. Cut Each Strip Into 10 Pieces. Arrange SeamSide Down on Baking Sheets.
- 6. Bake at 375 Degrees F. For 10 to 12 Minutes OrUntil Firm And Lightly Browned. Remove to Racks To
Cool. Store Airtight.
Tips: by Chilling Dough Overnight, You Will Need MuchLess flour to Roll it Out Since it is Less Likely ToStick to The Surface.
==contributed by :== * World Recipes Y-Group