Preparation Time: 30 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes.
Baking Time: 10 to 12 Minutes.
Oven Temperature: 375 Degrees F.
Chilling Time: 3 to 4 Hours or Overnight.
Children Will Love These fig Bars That Look And TasteSo Much Like The Commercial Product, Only Much Better.
For 40 Bars You Will Need:
fig Filling (recipe Follows):
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. brown sugar, Packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Each salt And baking soda
Finely Chop 1 Package (12 Ounce) Moist Dried figs. MixIn Saucepan With 1/4 Cup sugar, 3/4 Cup water And 2Tablespoons lemon juice. Place Over Medium Heat. Cook,Stirring, For 10 Minutes or Until Thick And Jam-Like.Remove From Heat. Cool. Cover And Chill.
- 1. Prepare fig Filling. Set Aside.
- 3. Mix flour, salt And baking soda. Stir Into FirstMixture (dough Will be Stiff). Wrap in Plastic Wrap.Chill For 3 to 4 Hours or Overnight.
- 4. When Ready to Bake, Turn Dough Out on Lightly
Floured Surface. Roll Into a 14 by 12 Inch Rectangle.Cut Into 4 Strips 3 1/2 by 12 Inches Long.
- 5. Spoon Filling Evenly Down Center of Strips. WithSpatula, Turn in Sides of Strips. Press Edges TogetherTo Seal. Cut Each Strip Into 10 Pieces. Arrange SeamSide Down on Baking Sheets.
- 6. Bake at 375 Degrees F. For 10 to 12 Minutes OrUntil Firm And Lightly Browned. Remove to Racks To
Cool. Store Airtight.
Tips: by Chilling Dough Overnight, You Will Need MuchLess flour to Roll it Out Since it is Less Likely ToStick to The Surface.
==contributed by :== * World Recipes Y-Group