This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wilmot Estate in Rowlett, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place ribs in two roasting pans.
- Pour water and red wine vinegar into a bowl, and stir.
- Pour diluted vinegar over ribs and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Baste the ribs with their juices halfway through cooking.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together chili sauce, horseradish, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, butter, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce and salt then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer sauce for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil preheated grill.
- Transfer ribs from the oven to the grill discarding cooking liquid.
- Grill over medium heat for 15 minutes turning ribs once.
- Baste ribs generously with barbeque sauce and grill 8 minutes.
- Turn ribs and baste again with barbeque sauce then and grill 8 minutes.