Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the McGinnis Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 pound ready to cook stewing chicken, cut up
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 4 cut up celery branches with leaves
- 1 carrot pared and sliced
- 1 small white onion cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in Dutch oven with water to cover.
- Add parsley, celery, carrot, onion, salt and pepper then cover and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat then cook over low heat until tender.
- Remove meat from bones and it's ready for use in salads or casseroles.