Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1½" thick
- 5 – 6 green onions, white part only, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup country Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons bottled or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in large, shallow bowl.
- Remove and reserve ½ cup for basting.
- Cut beef steak into 1½ inch cubes.
- Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef and green onion pieces evenly onto four 12" metal skewers.
- Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, about 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with reserved ½ cup marinade and turning occasionally.
Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil about 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with ½ cup marinade and turning once.