Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1½" thick
- 5 – 6 green onions, white part only, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup country Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons bottled or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in large, shallow bowl.
- Remove and reserve ½ cup for basting.
- Cut beef steak into 1½ inch cubes.
- Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef and green onion pieces evenly onto four 12" metal skewers.
- Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, about 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with reserved ½ cup marinade and turning occasionally.
Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil about 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with ½ cup marinade and turning once.