Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 14 oz can Italian tomatoes
- 4 oz mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In large deep skillet, melt 2 oz of butter over medium heat.
- When foam subsides, add onion and garlic to pan and fry, stirring occasionally 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent but not brown.
- Add tomatoes with the can juice, mushrooms, ½ tsp salt, the pepper, wine and sugar.
- Stir well and bring liquid to boil.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare fettuccine in large pan.
- Bring water to boil over high heat.
- Add remaining salt and fettuccine.
- Reduce heat to medium, boil for to 7 minutes or until fettuccine is al dente or just until tender.
- Remove pan from heat and drain fettuccine in colander.
- Transfer to warmed platter and stir in remaining butter.
- Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once.