From Lois Flack – Cyberealm BBS (315)786-1120, Watertown, NY
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups skim milk
- 2 tbsp light process cream cheese-product
- 1¼ cups (2 ½ oz.) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine, cooked without salt or fat
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; cook minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cream cheese, cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until it melts.
- Pour over hot cooked fettuccine; toss well to coat.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- calories 345 (25% from fat)
- protein 16.8 g
- fat 9.7 g (sat 4.4 g, mono 2.7 g, poly 1.4 g)
- fiber 2.3 g
- carbohydrates 46.7 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 401 mg
- calcium 333 mg