Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Adapted from an American Diabetes Association Recipe
- Found at: www.mysanantonio.com
- Makes 4 servings (½ onion per serving)
- 2 large sweet or Spanish onions (about 1½ lb total, peeled)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped, reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- ¼ cup (1-ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- Place onions in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and cook until onions are partially tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and cool; cut onions in half crosswise.
- Scoop out center of each onion half, leaving a ½-inch shell.
- Reserve the centers.
- If necessary, cut a small piece from the end of each onion shell so shells will stand upright.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop reserved centers of onions.
- Sauté in oil with garlic in a medium saucepan until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes,parsley and cheese.
- Fill onion shells with mixture.
- Set on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Approximate values per serving:
- 150 calories | 5g protein | 24g carbs | 4g dietary fiber | 4g fat | 0 mg cholesterol | 150 mg sodium