Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mahan Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup crumbled basil and tomato feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 10 ounce package pre-washed fresh spinach trimmed
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon slices halved
- In a small bowl combine feta cheese and cream cheese then set aside.
- Using a sharp knife cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff pockets with the cheese mixture.
- If necessary secure openings with wooden toothpicks.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet then cover and keep warm.
- Carefully add chicken broth to skillet and bringing to boiling then add half of the spinach.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove spinach from skillet reserving liquid in pan.
- Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Return all spinach to skillet.
- Stir in the nuts and lemon juice.
- To serve divide spinach mixture among 4 dinner plates.
- Top with chicken breasts and garnish with lemon slices.