Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Put 2 tbsp honey in 8 oz measure.
- While stirring, add concentrate, cloves and paprika.
- Fill with water to 8 oz mark and stir.
- Pour into a wide bowl.
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Prick all over with sharp-pronged fork.
- Add to bowl, turning several times to coat.
- Let stand at room temp.
- For 30 minutes drain chicken reserving marinade.
- Arrange pieces on large flat plate.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup matzo meal mix, pressing to adhere. Turn.
- Repeat on other side till all is evenly coated.
- Chill in freezer for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large well seasoned iron skillet.
- In bowl, combine onions, garlic, celery and apples.
- Strew ¼ cup across hot oiled skillet.
- Cook for 30 seconds over med-hi heat.
- Add half the chicken and lightly brown on both sides (5 minutes), scooping up and turning with sharp edged spatula.
- Transfer chicken and browned particles to plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil.
- Repeat until all is browned.
- Saute remaining vegetable-apple mix until lightly browned, scraping bottom of skillet to loosen particles.
- Add marinade around edges of skillet.
- Add 2 tbsp parsley and bring to a boil, stirring to combine.
- Return chicken to pan, spooning with thick sauce.
- Cover and simmer on top of stove for 3 minutes baste.
- Place in center of oven for 50 minutes, spooning with sauce once, midway.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over all.
- In cup, blend remaining tbsp of honey with lemon juice and mustard.
- Pour over chicken.
- Re-cover and let stand for 5 minutes drain chicken of sauce and arrange pieces on large warmed serving plate.
- Stir sauce and reheat briefly.
- Spoon some of it over the chicken cut each pineapple slice into thirds and arrange around sides of plate in neat pattern.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining parsley; serve extra sauce on side.