- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup water
- Sift the flour, baking powder,salt, and cornmeal and combine.
- Add the Sugar and stir.
- Add the vanilla to the water, and then add the mixture to the dry ingredients,binding to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly.
- Leave covered for about 1/2 an hour. divide the dough into eight portions.
- flour hands.
- Knead lightly, then roll and pull each portion to form a 6 in x 1 1/2 in length, about 1/8 in thick.
- Dip the festival in a mixture of cornmeal and flour then deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.