- Pour boiling water over the peaches.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Peel off the loosened skin.
- Put the peaches in a large bowl and cover with water to which the lemon juice has been added to keep the fruit from turning brown.
- Cook sugar and water together until boiling.
- Drop the peaches in the syrup and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
- Add more water and sugar if necessary to make sure the syrup covers the fruit.
- Lift the peaches out of the syrup carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Pack in sterilized jars.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of brandy into each jar, add syrup to overflowing and seal at once.
- Store at least 2 weeks before using.