Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
By One World Recipes Feroce d'Avocat is the French name of this hot crab appetizer that is popular in Martinique. The avocado, sometimes referred to as an alligator pear, adds a rich taste.
- Heat Scale: Hot
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces fresh or canned crab meat
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 habanero chile, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 4 avocados, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup manioc flour (tapioca or cassava meal)
- extra lime juice for serving
- lettuce or spinach leaves
- Drain the crab, pat it dry, and place in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, oil, garlic, shallots, green onions, and chile.
- Mash the avocado with manioc flour, add to the crab mixture, and blend to form a thick paste.
- Spoon onto lettuce or spinach on individual serving dishes, or roll into balls and arrange on a plate.
- Sprinkle with lime juice just before serving.