Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes | Total Time: 24 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 pomelo or large white grapefruit
- 1 orange
- orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 24 medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- Bibb lettuce
- Section pomelo or grapefruit and orange over a small bowl to catch juices; add enough fresh orange juice to equal ¼ cup.
- For dressing, add salad oil, honey, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, and white pepper to reserved juices.
- Whisk until combined.
- Set dressing aside.
- Cook the fennel and onion in hot cooking oil for 2 minutes; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, rinse shrimp; pat dry.
- Cook in boiling water about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain again 5.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates.
- Place onion and fennel mixture in center; arrange shrimp, pomelo or grapefruit sections, and orange sections around center.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Nutritional information Edit
- 195 Calories | 8g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 169mg Sodium | 17g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 131mg Cholesterol | 16g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ vegetable | ½ fruit | 2 lean meats | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: 1