Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- 2 small fennel bulbs, about 1¼ pounds total
- 1 medium onion, about 6 ounces
- 1 medium red potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ pounds sea scallops
- 1 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup dry white wine or sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg freshly ground
- Bermuda hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Trim the long stalks from the fennel down to the bulb.
- Peel the outside of the bulb, remove the core, and cut the bulb into thin slices.
- Cut the onion and potato into thin slices too.
- Remove the strings from the celery and cut into thin slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter in the pressure cooker.
- Add the fennel, onion, potato, celery and garlic and cook over med-hi heat, stirring often, until soft about 7 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the scallops.
- Add them, fish stock or clam juice and water and wine to the pressure cooker.
- Cover and bring up to full pressure then reduce heat to stabilize pressure.
- Cook for 10 minutes and release pressure.
- Puree with a hand held blender or food processor.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- If a richer soup is wanted, you can add ¼ cup of whipping cream.
- Can be made the day before.
- Reheat gently, without letting soup come to a boil.