Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- 2 small fennel bulbs, about 1¼ pounds total
- 1 medium onion, about 6 ounces
- 1 medium red potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ pounds sea scallops
- 1 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup dry white wine or sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg freshly ground
- Bermuda hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Trim the long stalks from the fennel down to the bulb.
- Peel the outside of the bulb, remove the core, and cut the bulb into thin slices.
- Cut the onion and potato into thin slices too.
- Remove the strings from the celery and cut into thin slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter in the pressure cooker.
- Add the fennel, onion, potato, celery and garlic and cook over med-hi heat, stirring often, until soft about 7 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the scallops.
- Add them, fish stock or clam juice and water and wine to the pressure cooker.
- Cover and bring up to full pressure then reduce heat to stabilize pressure.
- Cook for 10 minutes and release pressure.
- Puree with a hand held blender or food processor.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- If a richer soup is wanted, you can add ¼ cup of whipping cream.
- Can be made the day before.
- Reheat gently, without letting soup come to a boil.