Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 5
Cook time: 10
The secret to fennel is knowing how to use it & what to pair it with. Fennel can be a bit tough and fibrous with an anise flavor. It is also light, crunchy and refreshing found in many Mediterranean recipes.
- 1 bulb of fennel, cut in ½ and remove core
- 2 – 3 blood oranges
- salt and pepper
- 3 glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- Slice fennel as this as possible (use a food slicer or mandolin if available).
- Peel and supreme the oranges.
- Save the extra pulp and squeeze the remaining juice into the bowl.
- Mix sliced fennel, juice from the pulp and oranges - season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Let stand for 10 minutes then serve.