Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hare soup from the north.
- 1 hare; head, neck, kidney, heart, lung and liver
- 1 parsnip
- 1 celery knob
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 carrot
- 1 pinch caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1 small onions; minced
- 1 garlic cloves;
- 6 crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rice; uncooked
- Do not wash the hare parts overly try to leave some blood.
- Put all the parts except the liver in a pot with 3 quarts water and bring to a boil.
- Skim well.
- Peel vegetables except onion and dice.
- Add to pot with caraway seeds and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Keep heat very low and let soup simmer.
- Melt lard add minced onion crushed garlic and the hare liver diced.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Brown onion and liver fast then dust with flour.
- Stir well and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add a ladle of broth from the soup pot.
- Stir well and pour into the soup pot.
- Put rice into the soup pot and cook till it is done.
- Adjust salt.
- Variation: add 3 tablespoons lemon juice or whip lemon juice with sour cream at last minute.