Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Algerian pepper confit
- 8 – 12 miniature sweet peppers
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 1½ cup or more of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- Make an incision in the peppers and stuff with whole pine nuts. I used about 8 – 10 in each pepper. You can substitute coarsely chopped almonds or walnuts.
- Cook the peppers over very low heat in the olive oil, turning frequently.
- They will start to blister and take a light golden color.
- Very carefully transfer them to a clean glass jar and cover with the cooking oil.
- If there is not enough olive oil to cover the peppers add more oil.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Seal the jar and let rest at room temperature for at least a day before eating.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped herbs such as flat leaf parsley or coriander leaf on top and wedges of lemon for service if desired.