Algerian hot peppers stuffed with nuts
- 10 – 12 hot green peppers (you can use mild)
- 1 cup walnuts and pine nuts combined
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 chive stalks
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar
- Cook the peppers on gentle heat, some of the stuffing will fall out and the nuts can burn if you don't mind your heat.
- If you prefer softer cooked peppers, you will either have to periodically take the pan off the heat or strain the nuts from the oil and continue cooking.
- Add the lemon juice or vinegar before serving.