The name comes from feijão, Portuguese for "beans", and is pronounced [feiʒuˈada] or [feʒuˈada].
- Feijoada on Wikipedia—original source of description section, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- 1 lb of varied pork sausages (prefer smoked sausages)
- 1 lb of pork tenderloin
- some slices of bacon
- 1 can of black beans (15.5 oz)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- chopped onions
- bay leaves
- In a separated pan, fry cubes of pork tenderloin and slices of bacon with salt, garlic.
- Add all the sausages sliced and stir medium-heat until dry all the water.
- Add the cooked meat to the pan with the black beans and your feijoada is ready!.
- Cook your feijoada more 10 minutes to meat soak in the black beans.
- You can add some pepper sauce to your feijoada at this point.