- 15-1/2 oz. can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. box of firm silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic (or 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed)
- 1 Tbsp. old bay seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. can of Tuno
- 2 pieces bread, crusts removed, cubed (the original recipe called for white, but I used a grainy whole Wheat with success)
- Bread crumbs, cornmeal, or ground-up fritters
- Blend Chickpeas and tofu in a food processor, then mixing in lemon juice, garlic, old bay, salt, and pepper.
- Strain/press the Tuno to get rid of as much excess water as possible, then combine it with the Chickpea/tofu mix.
- Fold in the cubed bread and a little flour at a time until it starts to become a bit sticky.
- Grab a handful, roll it in breadcrumbs/cornmeal/fritters, and form into a patty.
- Pan fry or deep fry the patties until crispy on the outside.