Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Gaye Levy
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 carrot, large, chopped
- 4 cup chicken broth, regular strength
- 1 can tomato purée, 15 oz
- 3 tbsp basil leaves, dried
- ¾ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, optional
- Spray the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart pan with PAM, or optionally, coat with oil.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until both the onion and the carrot are sweet tasting and tender when pierced.
- This will take about 30 minutes.
- Stir broth, tomato purée, basil sugar and pepper into pan.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop vegetables and a little of the broth into a food processor or blender.
- Whirl until smoothly puréed.
- Pour vegetable mixture back into the pan; heat until steaming.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy.