- 1 kg peeled potatoes
- salty water
- 3 or 4 handfuls of Wheat or maize flour
- 3 or 4 spoons of skorup (cream skimmed from milk)
- a crumbled block of Cheese
- One kilo of peeled Potato is cooked in salty water.
- When the Potato is almost completely cooked, without pouring the water in which it was cooked off, add 3 or 4 handfuls of Wheat or maize flour and continue cooking it.
- When you put the flour into the pot, make a hole in the middle of that pile with a tucanj or kacama and cook it for about 30 to 40 minutes in a medium-high heat.
- When it is cooked, pour the remaining water off, remove the pot from the heat and start mashing the mixture with a kacama taking the pot back to heat from time to time until the Potato becomes like a paste without any lumps.
- In another pot melt 3 or 4 spoons of skorup (cream skimmed from milk) and a crumbled block of Cheese, pour it over the hot kacamak and stir it.
- When the mixture is stirred well, kacamak ( the fatty porridge ) is ready to be served.