Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Toasted bread and salad
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 or 3 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded, deribbed, and diced
- 5 scallions, chopped
- ½ small lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint or 1 tsp. dried mint
- 1 pita bread (or 2 – 3 slices of bread), toasted and cut into cubes
- Combine the vegetables, herbs, and bread.
- Make the dressing, pour it over the salad, toss well, and chill for 30–60 minutes before serving.
- For an authentic Arabic flavor, the dressing should be made of equal parts of oil and lemon juice.
- However, you may prefer to use more oil - perhaps two to three parts of oil to one of lemon juice.