Toasted bread salad
- 4 pieces of toasted pitta bread
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (stems discarded)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), gas mark 6.
- Cut the bread into small 2½ cm (1 inch) pieces and place on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, parsley, spring onions, mint, garlic and cucumber.
- Next add salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Now add the toasted bread and mix well.