Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Toasted bread salad
- 4 pieces of toasted pitta bread
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (stems discarded)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), gas mark 6.
- Cut the bread into small 2½ cm (1 inch) pieces and place on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, parsley, spring onions, mint, garlic and cucumber.
- Next add salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Now add the toasted bread and mix well.