Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lebanese bread salad
Fattoush - Lebanese Bread Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- non-fat cooking spray
- 2 whole wheat pita bread rounds (6 – 7" in diameter)
- ½ head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, cubed
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Cut the pita bread in half then separate the layers. Lightly spray with nonfat cooking spray then place on a baking sheet and bake for about 7 – 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven then break the bread into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, and mint. Lightly toss to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until well-coated. Add the bread pieces and toss until combined then serve.