Prep Time: n. a.
Cook time: 50 - 60 minutes
Serves: n. a.
I love zucchini bread but I hate the bulk of the recipes out there since they're too high in fat and full of a lot of unhealthful ingredients. Here's a tasty (and rather addicting) version of zucchini bread that has no fat and a surprising ingredient. I suggest making several loaves; these freeze well.
- 2 cups zucchini
- 3 eggs worth of egg substitute (read the carton for proper measurements)
- ¾ cup natural applesauce
- 1 cup sugar (can also use Splenda)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Wash, then finely grate the zucchini. Blend with the eggs (or egg substitute), applesauce, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 4" loaf pan (using cooking spray) or use a nonstick loaf pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray just as a precaution.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.