Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: n. a.
Cook time: 50 - 60 minutes
Serves: n. a.
I love zucchini bread but I hate the bulk of the recipes out there since they're too high in fat and full of a lot of unhealthful ingredients. Here's a tasty (and rather addicting) version of zucchini bread that has no fat and a surprising ingredient. I suggest making several loaves; these freeze well.
- 2 cups zucchini
- 3 eggs worth of egg substitute (read the carton for proper measurements)
- ¾ cup natural applesauce
- 1 cup sugar (can also use Splenda)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Wash, then finely grate the zucchini. Blend with the eggs (or egg substitute), applesauce, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 4" loaf pan (using cooking spray) or use a nonstick loaf pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray just as a precaution.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.