Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: Recipe collection of Sue Smith
- nonstick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 7 canned pineapple rings, drained
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup (karo)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Spray 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Place in 350 °f oven 3 minutes.
- Arrange pineapple rings and cherries in pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt.
- In medium bowl, stir sugar and milk until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla; stir until blended.
- Gradually add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately loosen edge of cake with spatula and invert onto serving plate.
- Remove pan.
Nutritional information Edit
- 200 calories