- Spray 9-inch round layer cake pan with cooking spray.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Place pan in 350°F oven for 3 minutes. Remove.
- Arrange pear halves, rounded sides down, over melted brown sugar mixture.
- Prepare fat-free spice cake batter.
- Carefully spoon batter over pears, smoothing top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not underbake).
- Immediately run spatula around edge of pan and invert cake onto serving plate.